Monday, March 22, 2004

Spring Break just got over - and no, I did not go to Cancun or Florida. All I did was hang out here and have a few picnics and outings with my wife and kids. Very nice.

Anyway - a job opening was offered to the Graduate students here: a small administrative job that doesn't pay well but looks great on a resume. So I went to the secretary to get the application and was told "well, this isn't official, but they won't hire any White Males. I heard the committee talking, and they effectively said they have banned all white males from this position."

Anyone know of the Irish-American folk tune "No Irish Need Apply"? At one time in the USA that was a truism. Stores would have signs that said "No Irish Need Apply."

Instead of correcting that problem, it seems the USA is now becoming more inclusive. Now its "No Irish/Germans/British/French/Anyone White Need Apply."

What is weird (well, not really) is I am literally the only one in the department who sees something wrong with this.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?